Lemony Rice Pilaf
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Chop the onion and mince the parsley and garlic.
- In a Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add the rice and stir to toast, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, parsley and seasonings to the rice. Mix well.
- Heat chicken broth to a boil and add to rice mixture. Stir well. Cover with a lid, and place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove rice from the oven and fluff with two forks. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs before serving.