Mac 'n' Cheese
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup as entrée
- 12 ounces macaroni, uncooked
- 1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces pureed carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- Cook macaroni following package directions.
- While pasta cooks, warm up creamer and cream cheese in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- After cream cheese is melted, add parmesan cheese.
- Add carrots and spices and mix together.
- When ingredients are thoroughly incorporated, add cooked macaroni and stir. Serve hot.