- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 5 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 ounces Chinese chives (10 leaves)
- 1 cup cabbage and carrot slaw mix
- 1 tablespoon preserved radish
- 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 lime
- 7 ounces medium dried rice stick noodles
- 2 ounces rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 large eggs
- To prep ingredients before cooking, mince palm sugar; dice tofu into 1/2” pieces; mince garlic cloves; cut chives into 1/2” pieces; finely chop slaw mix, preserved radish and peanuts; cut lime into 4 pieces.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat, add the rice noodles, and stir briefly to separate them. Soak the noodles until they are loose and pliable, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place vinegar in a small bowl and add palm sugar, soy sauce and chili sauce. Stir to combine then set aside.
- Place 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in the wok, add the tofu and stir-fry until the tofu starts to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the minced garlic to the wok with 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add the reserved noodles and half of the chives, and stir-fry for a few seconds more. Pour in the reserved vinegar mixture, stir to combine, and then add slaw mix, radish and half of the bean sprouts. Stir-fry until the noodles are coated with sauce, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Push the noodles to the side of the wok, pour the eggs into the free space, and scramble, stirring with a rubber spatula until almost cooked through, about 1 minute. Add the reserved tofu and the remaining chives and toss all the ingredients together until combined.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the remaining bean sprouts, peanuts, and lime wedges. Serve immediately.